We appreciate EVERY Park Donor!
Leaves changing to bright reds and oranges, temperatures falling and frost on the grass always remind us that the Season of Giving is here. As we at the Fairfax County Park Foundation pause to give thanks, we appreciate supporters like you. We are most grateful for your health, your philanthropy, and your happiness as you enjoy your 420 Fairfax County Park Authority parks!
The Park Foundation is very pleased to have completed our multi-year campaign to build two much needed ADA compliant picnic celebration shelters at Burke Lake Park thanks to our incredibly generous donors.
We launched the Stewardship Education Center (SEC) campaign to bring STEAM learning features to this unique environmental facility.
2021 Highlights from the safe re-opening of Fairfax County parks and programs include these successes:
- Children learned important skills and socialized with new friends at Rec-PAC summer camps;
- A record number of residents flocked to 334 miles of FCPA trails with bicycles and strollers;
- Thousands of live music fans and movie goers enjoyed the Summer Entertainment Series outdoor concerts and movies at venues throughout Fairfax County;
- Volunteers, who are the backbone of many initiatives including the Invasive Management Area Program (IMA), helped remove invasive species at 60 parks; and
- The Water Mine reopened and 1,000 canines splashed and frolicked at Dog Daze.
We all adapted to new situations during recent months and hope that 2022 brings us back a steadier way-of-life. To help realize this, the Park Foundation needs your help. Like many businesses, the Park Authority is still making up for unrealized revenue that impacts many programs and projects. Your donation today will help revive critical park programs that enrich the lives of many!
Please donate $5,000, $1,000, $500, $250, $100, $50 or whatever you can contribute to help beautify trails, send underserved children to camp, contract with quality performers, provide need-based class scholarships, and help other impactful programs. Every gift helps us make a positive difference!
We hope you enjoy reading the Fiscal Years 2020 and 2021 Annual Report to learn about the programs we were able to support thanks to generous donations from thoughtful park lovers like you!
Parks are places of necessity that bring activity and joy to our lives, and we all need a little happiness now. We wish you and your family good health and happiness throughout a wonderful New Year!
Read our printable FCPF appeal letter. Your donation will provide meaningful help for your parks where needed most. (Your tax advisor can confirm benefits allowed via the CARES Act for a new $300 above-the-line charitable deduction for those who file a standard deduction; and up to 100% of Adjusted Gross Income if you itemize!)