We appreciate EVERY Park Donor!
Throughout this year like no other in recent history, park trails and open space are used more than ever. By making an unrestricted gift to Fairfax County Park Foundation, you help us to meet the greatest need of Fairfax County parks and outreach programs. The Fairfax County Park Foundation is grateful for supporters like you who instill hope for the future!
While the pandemic has changed our daily lives, the Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) has adapted, just like Fairfax County residents. As families and friends creatively found ways to stay connected, so did your parks!
FCPA trails remain open for people to enjoy the tranquility of nature, and to exercise which are so important for physical and mental health.
FCPA’s creative staff developed many virtual programs that offer educational, environmental, recreational, and healthy class opportunities to residents. The Virtual Exploration Center allow families to participate in enriching programs on their own schedule.
The Park Foundation and generous corporate, individual, and foundation donors supported FCPA’s newly adapted programs including:
- Modifying the Meaningful Watershed Educational Experience (MWEE) at Hidden Oaks Nature Center to a Science Educational Support program featuring science videos that Fairfax County Public School teachers use to supplement the science curriculum;
- Adapting the Wonders of Watershed Education program to a family-based program that complements children’s science education at Ellanor C. Lawrence Park, site of the Sully Woodlands Stewardship Education Center;
- Enabling children living in homeless shelters and transitional housing to attend virtual PACT camps as a substitute for in-person camps;
- Sponsoring Healthy Strides Community Fitness classes that are accessed online by residents across the county; and
- Transitioning the popular Summer Entertainment Series concerts to live-streamed shows to be enjoyed from the comfort of home.
Parks enrich our lives, contribute to the continued health of our citizens, and allow recreation for all abilities in beautiful inspirational settings.
Like many businesses and organizations, the Park Authority revenue decreased - by 43.6%. FCPA is gearing up to resume normal activities and you can help make this happen. Your donation today is as critical as it has ever been!
We are all hopeful for a better 2021 that will bring us closer to the way of life we cherish. In order to bring this to fruition, the Park Foundation needs your help today!
Together with gratitude, strength and hope we will move forward and persevere. Please support your Fairfax County parks so they will be ready to serve you. Above all, stay safe!
Read our printable FCPF appeal letter. Your donation will provide meaningful help for your parks where needed most. (Your tax advisor can confirm benefits allowed via the CARES Act for a new $300 above-the-line charitable deduction for those who file a standard deduction; and up to 100% of Adjusted Gross Income if you itemize!)