We appreciate EVERY Park Donor!
The crisp air and leaves bursting with red and orange colors recall that the Season of Giving is upon us. It’s a time when we reflect on the year and what we are grateful for – our families, friends, community, and most importantly, our donors whose generosity has not wavered.
The Fairfax County Park Foundation is very thankful for you and our 8,000 donors who contributed in 2022!
Your donations have helped the Park Foundation to:
- Send homeless and underprivileged children to Rec-PAC camps and provide need-based class scholarships;
- Fund more than 180 free Summer Entertainment Series performances, concerts, and movies throughout Fairfax County;
- Teach the importance of stewardship of our natural world to more than 2,000 students via the Meaningful Watershed Educational Experience (MWEE);
- Support many FCPA family activities and outreach events such as the 4-H Fair and Carnival, Healthy Strides 5K/10K Run, Honoring America’s Veterans, Elly Doyle Park Service Awards Ceremony, and Hidden Oaks Nature Center’s Grand Re-Opening among others;
- Fund educational and recreational STEAM features at the future Stewardship Education Center at Ellanor C. Lawrence Park in Chantilly; and
- To financially assist 4,360 IMA volunteers to remove 11,788 bags of invasive plants and plant 347 native plants, shrubs and trees to beautify 66 parks.
We hope you enjoy reading our most recent annual report to learn about the programs we were able to support thanks to generous donations from thoughtful park lovers like you!
To continue these and other successes in 2023, the Park Foundation needs your help. Please donate $5,000, $1,000, $500, $250, $100, $50 or whatever you can contribute to bring our camps, scholarships, programs, and activities to the citizens of Fairfax County. Donate now online or give via a check, made payable to Fairfax County Park Foundation (FCPF), and mail to FCPF, 12055 Government Center Parkway, Suite 404, Fairfax, VA 22035.
The Park Foundation board, staff and volunteers are grateful for your thoughtfulness as a supporter. You help parks enrich our lives, contribute to the continued health of our neighbors, and offer recreation for all abilities in beautiful inspirational settings.
Your donation today will provide meaningful help for your parks that are here for you every day, 365 days a year! As we welcome a new year, please enjoy your Fairfax County parks in good health!
Read our printable FCPF appeal letter. Your donation will provide meaningful help for your parks where needed most. Your tax advisor can advise which tax benefits allowed via the CARES Act are suitable for you, such as the maximum $300 above-the-line charitable deduction for those who file a standard deduction, or a 100% deduction from Adjusted Gross Income if you itemize.