Friends Groups serve the Park Authority by supporting, enhancing and advocating for Fairfax County parks, facilities and services. Each group is organized in a manner to best support
s their targeted mission. Friends Groups often collaborate with the Fairfax County Park Foundation to identify grants and other funding, training resources, and communications outreach.
Sincere appreciation is extended to the members of the following
- Friends of Fairfax County Archaeology and Cultural Resources (FOFA)
- Friends of Colvin Run Mill (FOCRM)
- Friends of Ellanor C. Lawrence Park
- Friends of Frying Pan Farm Park
- Friends of Green Spring Gardens (FROGS)
- Friends of Hidden Oaks Nature Center
- Friends of Historic Huntley
- Friends of Huntley Meadows Park
- Friends of Lake Accotink Park (FLAP)
- Friends of Pimmit Barn
- Friends of Riverbend Park (FORB)
Park Volunteer Teams (PVTs)
FCPA’s Park Volunteer Teams (PVTs) are volunteer-led groups that help support an FCPA site or agencywide program, park events, watershed cleanups, and beautification projects to improve Fairfax County parks.
The Park Volunteer Teams (PVT) Program is a wonderful option for residents and visitors interested in working as a team to provide recurring operational, programmatic, maintenance, and/or fundraising support for a Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) site or program through the Fairfax County Park Foundation (FCPF).
Thank you, Park Volunteers!