Clemyjontri Park, located at 6317 Georgetown Pike in McLean, is one of the first large-scale parks in the United States specifically planned and built so children with and without disabilities can play side-by-side.
It has a two-acre playground with carousel where children who use wheelchairs, walkers or braces, or who have sensory or developmental disabilities can enjoy a complete and unrestricted playground experience.
Use of the park has exceeded all expectations with nearly 200,000 children and adults visiting Clemyjontri each year. The resulting wear and tear on the park and its unique play equipment and surfacing material require continuing and expensive maintenance and repairs.
Thanks to the generosity of Signature Sponsors Capital One Bank, HITT Contracting and other donors, the Park Foundation has enhanced Clemyjontri Park with a Liberty Swing.
This specially designed feature is engineered to be fully accessible to children and adults in wheelchairs. Beyond the obvious play value, the Liberty Swing has significant therapeutic benefits including visual-spatial, muscle tone, head control and self-regulation.
Now, all park goers may experience the exhilaration of swinging through the air, perhaps for the first time in their lives!
This wonderful park needs help from people who believe in Clemyjontri's dream — "a place where every child can play."
- Arts In The Parks
- Benches and Trees
- Combo Classic Golf Tournament at Twin Lakes Golf Course
- Comprehensive Cancer Control Program
- Fairfax County Park Authority Classes
- Invasive Management Area Program
- Lt. Col. Gary F. Smith Memorial Field
- Meaningful Watershed Educational Experience
- Nautical Cove Play Area
- Open Space Land Preservation Fund
- PACT camp scholarships for children in transitional housing
- Project Open Access for veterans
- RecPAC summer camp program
- Summer Entertainment Series
- Swimming For Life
- Take 12! Steps for Health
- Tournaments For Turf
- Trails Fund
- U.S. Amateur Public Links Championship